A systems administration-based position, reporting to the Events Director, collaboratively works with the WPI community in support of current scheduling system for events, academics & athletics spaces. Efficiently schedule and support all types of events for the benefit of the university. Is responsible for advancing the Events Office where/when identified ? including new initiatives; web content; policies, processes and practices.
* Maintains, utilizes, and advances 25live (currently, or any other event management software at the university) efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
* Assures that the scheduling of WPI events is done efficiently and effectively.
* Educates the WPI community to the practices and policies set forth by the Events Office.
* Communicates cost estimates for all clients ? internal & external ? in a clear and concise manner according to pre-determined cost structures.
* Provides on-site support to select events to ensure event planning and execution meets client expectations.
* Provides data and analytics from scheduling software to support university goals.
* Works cohesively with other scheduling offices including the Academic Scheduler/Registrar's Office; Athletics Schedulers & other Academic spaces (i.e. Gateway Park; Higgins Labs; etc).
* Liaisons with all primary service providers including Chartwells Catering, Campus Police, ATC, Facilities and all event space managers.
* For identified events, supports the activities of event staff, sub-contractors and vendors as required to successfully execute all aspects of the event.
* Processes event correspondence, contracts, invoices, reservation forms and telephone calls.
* Expected to develop and recommend new efficiency standards to enhance Events scheduling productivity.
* Manages events web pages using approved university software and process.
* Provides outlet for customer feedback through on-line surveys.
* Assumes other duties as assigned by the Director of Events.
* Provides clear, concise and consistent diagrams for all identified events for proper execution.
* Instrumental in monitoring, updating and identifying changes to department policy and procedures ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for daily administrative duties for workflow activity and event-coordination support.
* Performs training initiatives including software use; policy enforcement; resource use.
* Responsible for supporting and organizing the content for weekly service meetings.
* Runs reports from all databases to manage Events Office projects and weekly responsibilities.
* Performs beta testing for all software advancements.
* Communicates and trains all university stakeholders in scheduling software use.
* Maintains all attributes of room/space resource needs including multimedia equipment; room/space layout and setup for secondary service providers such as: Campus Card Access; Parking Passes; Wireless Passes; Signboards; and IT support.
* Bachelor's degree.
* At least 3-5 years of functional system administration experience ? preferably in an educational environment.
* At least 1-3 years of event scheduling experience ? preferably in an educational environment.
* Strong computer skills, Microsoft applications and event management technologies.
* Project management experience.
* Self-starter with ability to get up to speed quickly and work effectively with little direction or supervision.
* Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills.
* Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
* Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communication when dealing with other organizations.
* A willingness to travel for training.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multitask, rapidly assess problems, develop solutions, and deploy limited resources effectively.
* Ability to work with all types of people and be able to visualize an event from start to finish, including all the steps needed to accomplish it.
* Ability to influence and coordinate other team members in support of university initiatives.
* Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and effectively manage expenses.
* Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
* Solid business acumen, management and problem-solving skills.
* Effective time management skills.
* Must be able to learn and use various software solutions?knowledge of Workday; SchoolDude; Publisher; Excel; Google Docs is preferable.
* Excellent customer service skills ? the ability to make someone's day!
* Must be able to work as part of team on each and every task if necessary for the benefit of the team's success.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.