UMass Medical School's Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS' technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns. The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery.
It's an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School 12th in the country for primary care, and this internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
An AWS Solutions Internship position is available with an exciting opportunity to assist with centralized security and monitoring of AWS solutions for UMMS IT. During the internship position, you will work with groups in IT using AWS and other tools to design centralized solutions which enable AWS administrators to monitor, connect, and secure multiple systems residing in the cloud environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with design architecture and implementation of the solution(s).
The IT department at UMass Medical School has been building its presence in the cloud by setting up environments to host existing applications and utilizing Amazon Web Services to build new applications. We are looking for an intern to help us optimize the management and security of systems which reside in the cloud. You will have online resources available to assist you in creating this process as well as supportive members of IT to help you along the way. If you are a creative and innovative person looking for an opportunity to work with a team that is passionate about their products and customers, then apply now!
For more information, please visit:
* Assist with architectural designs relating to the management, monitoring and security of cloud-based resources.
* Complete a project from start to finish and write-up and present the work product to the UMass community
* Participate in team projects
* Conduct online research
* Perform other duties as required
* Must be a currently enrolled student in a higher education institution or recent graduate
* Solid analytical and communication skills
* Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
* Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
* Proven interest in IT and passion in furthering the mission of UMMS
* Must have above average academic performance
* Experience with AWS cloud technologies and services.
* Experience architecting/operating advanced solutions built in hybrid-cloud environments
* Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
* Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a plus
* Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
* Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
* Ability to identify and learn emerging technologies within AWS that UMMS IT could leverage
This is paid internship
Duration: 6-12 months
Major: We will consider all majors
Transportation: Should have his/her own means of transportation