The Office of Special Programs is primarily responsible for the design, promotion, and management of the Adventures in Veterinary Medicine (AVM) program. AVM is an educational, career-exploration program designed to introduce bright, motivated individuals to the veterinary profession. One of the goals of the program is to attract well-qualified applicants to the DVM and MS degree programs. The Office of Special Programs also oversees some community outreach programming.
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Assistant provides advanced administrative support and communications for the office. S/he will handle complex and confidential situations and requests and serve in a highly visible capacity as a resource for program applicants, participants and their families, as well as students, staff, faculty and other constituents. S/he will oversee daily operation of office, evaluating workflow and productivity and providing direction and guidance to student employees. Coordinate payments to various vendors which includes monitoring payments, tracking expenditures and troubleshooting problems. Serve as first point of contact for the Adventures in Veterinary Medicine program. Manage the registration process for middle school sessions and enrollment process for all sessions. Maintain applicant database records and process application and enrollment materials. May also coordinate programs and/or projects for department.
* A high school diploma/GED and 5 years of administrative experience OR a bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and a willingness to learn new technology and apply its use in the workplace.
* Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge.
* Excellent organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Valid US Driver's license.
* Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodation.
* Experience working with children/young adults.
* Flexibility and demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
* Strong written/verbal communication skills.
* Prior experience with Wordpress, Technolutions Slate, and/or Adobe Acrobat.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Work hours vary seasonally. No vacation time permitted during June-mid-August. Occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...