Responsible for the delivery of Business Intelligence and Analytics consulting solutions, including demonstrating proficiency at the architecture level as well as the ability to develop one or more projects concurrently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Define and manage the full development lifecycle to meet client needs
- Design and delivery of enterprise data warehouse analytics
- Design and delivery of large-scale, high-performance data transformation and storage systems
- Lead consultants in various project work streams
- Act as a project manager to keep projects moving towards completion
- Willingness to translate business requirements into technical architectures
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- Provide thoughtful leadership around performance management and the information lifecycle
- Define and oversee the full development lifecycle
- Support relevant data security standards related to PII (personally identifiable information) and HIPAA
- Experience leading teams
- Patterns and Best pPractices in data warehouse and mart design (Kimball, Inmon, etc.)
- Patterns and Best pPractices in ETL (Eextract, Ttransform, and Lload) Ddesign and Ddevelopment
- Think \"out-of-the-box\" to design solutions that meet client needs, stay within their budget and utilize available staff
- 55+ years of demonstrated advanced proficiency in SQL development methodologies
- Familiarity with Relational Databases ((Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2) and ETL (Microsoft SSIS, Informatica) MS Access)
- Prefer familiarity withAnalytical Platform SAP Business Objects, (Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft SSAS/SSRS, SAS reporting tools, though familiarity with similar systems acceptable, such as , MicroStrategy, Cognos, QlikviewTableau/Qlikview,) or Tableau
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Strongly prefer insurance industry experience, especially Accident and Health
- Functional area experience, especially with Finance and/or Sales
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience with project management
- Familiarity with PII and HIPAA requirements Industry (Insurance) and functional (e.g. Finance, Sales, Marketing, Logistics, HR, etc.) expertise
- Familiarity with SAS, R, Python and/or other analytical tools
- Familiarity with C#/C++/PHP/.NET and/or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with MDX/DAX and/or similar cube-related languages
- About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) ###-####.
Associated topics: business advisory, business analysis, business systems, business systems analyst, client, consultant, crm, market, sales, senior consultant