A great banking experience starts with a great team?Mid Penn Bank, is actively seeking an IT Helpdesk Representative in Harrisburg or Halifax, PA.
We believe that our ongoing success depends upon a skilled, satisfied and valued work force. As a member of our team, you can expect opportunities to develop your skills to help you excel in your role and achieve your professional career goals. We offer a comprehensive range of flexible benefits to support your personal and financial well-being. Our inclusive culture encourages all employees to share ideas, collaborate, and contribute to the values that make us a winning team for our customers, shareholders, and communities.
The IT Help Desk Representative is responsible for providing customer service of the highest caliber to other employees by recognizing needs and providing appropriate solutions. As an integral member of the IT Department, the individual in this role will coordinate work within and outside the department, reporting pertinent information and responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in answering, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming telephone, voice mail, and e-mail requests from users regarding hardware, software, printing, network connectivity, and other IT issues.
* Cooperates with IT Team to implement solutions for new procedures.
* Coordinates with various service providers to resolve issues.
* Performs resolution of level 1 and 2 incidents regarding local and wide area networks and phone voice/mail systems; routes and monitors service requests to appropriate IT team members when level-one resolution is not possible.
* Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
* Provides IT training to Bank staff, as appropriate.
* Assists IT Team on various projects.
* Utilizes Bank Intranet to assign and track work tickets and IMS from end users.
* Travels to other branches and departments when necessary to solve various problems.
* Uses oral and written communication skills to communicate technical information to others of varying technical abilities at all levels in a prompt and courteous manner.
* Supports end users by being present and available to clients requiring technical assistance, including the use of remote assistance where available.
* Supports end users in the Bank's Citrix environment.
* Performs backup duties of computer core-processing operators.
* Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
* Maintains current knowledge of the various technologies utilized by the Bank; keeps current on all industry-specific emerging technology trends. Makes use of industry specific training provided by the Bank.
* Supports end users with the Bank's core processing systems, integrated or ancillary technologies and applications in a Citrix environment.
* Manages email systems including distribution lists and inbox creation or configuration.
* Supports and configures all telecommunication systems (wireless and wired), including voice mail.
* Keeps appropriate personnel informed of critical or emergency incidents; monitors and documents the complete life cycle of incidents.
* Documents detailed problem resolutions to enhance Knowledge Base of Core Banking Processing System, PC Hardware/Software, and LAN/WAN.
* Utilizes the Bank's current report writing tools to create or update special request reports.
* Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
* Periodically on-call to provide end user support.
Education & Qualifications:
* An Associate's degree in a related field of study preferred, or equivalent work experience and/or training.
* A minimum of two (2) years' related experience normally required.
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; proficient organizational skills; basic knowledge of desktop hardware; thorough knowledge of Microsoft software; knowledge of work order/asset tracking system; knowledge of core banking processing system and Citrix products; ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach with hands or arms, use hands to manipulate objects, handle or feel, and lift items weighing 75 lbs. or less; visual, auditory and speaking skills; valid driver's license is required.
* MS and DB2 Servers
* VMware;(Virtual Servers)
* Mobile Devices
* Various computer networking equipment
* Fax machine
* Copy machine
Mid Penn Bank offers rewarding career opportunities, competitive wages, great incentives and benefits.
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, or protected veteran status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.
Equal Opportunity Employer?Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Associated topics: customer support, edi, help desk, information technology help desk, information technology support, msword, support, system support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.