Marsh is currently seeking an established IT Business Analyst that can support our essential business functions by developing applications. As an IT Business Analyst, you will handle current and future state process diagrams and develop prototypes to facilitate/validate business requirements; including documenting use-cases, wireframes and functional specifications required to support business requirements for application development.
- Translates business strategies and objectives into business requirements.
- Provides traceability of business requirements to IT solutions and ensure system testing encompasses existing capabilities of the solution as well as future function point requirements.
- Supports medium-scale projects with moderate to high complexity.
- Utilizing UML (Unified Modeling Language) design methodology, capture use-cases for which the application/solution would need to support.
- Identifies, verifies and documents functional requirements using requirements management methodology and tools.
- Provides clear identification of data elements and data mappings/dictionaries where required.
- Analyzes, designs, redesigns, documents as is and to be business processes.
- Ensures development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Supports the business in conducting and facilitating final acceptance tests for solutions with the user community, including development of UAT test scenarios and test scripts.
- Develops, delivers and evaluates training and supplemental materials. Partners with business and IT to manager scope with each release.
- Support the PM by coordinating planning, development, testing and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Interact with clients to resolve client requests and work with developers to diagnose any application errors and build out Jira tickets with clearly written acceptance criteria.
- Conduct usability and accessibility testing.
- Conduct training sessions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation on all phases of software development.
- Deliver system walk-throughs and functional training.
- Plan and prioritize testing tasks to meet overall objectives.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple initiatives.
- Bachelor s degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience analyzing business problems and designing successful solutions
- Experience related to web-based software application development within IT (requirements, use cases, design, testing and documentation)
- May need experience in working with virtual and/or off-shore team.
- Strong business process analysis and documentation skills;
- The ability to articulate business/technical requirements to development teams and business users.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build working relationships with IT, Business Managers and other colleagues.
- Have excellent oral and written skills with fluency in local languages.
- Experience in defining processes using process modeling tools.
- Experience of working in large scale insurance environments (brokers, carriers beneficial).
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Resourceful, self-starter, flexible, pro-active, and customer-oriented.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: .We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Associated topics: business analysis, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems, consultant, crm, customer, market, sales, sap