The permission facilitator/work planner must have an advanced level of knowledge utilizing GIS Software and experience utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel to complete planning for circuits to be serviced in meeting utility specifications.
* Have valid driver's license, CDL and/or medical certificate as required for the vehicle being operated.
* Must be able to hear, speak and see with ability of walking five or more miles a day, if necessary, over different types of terrain (i.e. rural transmission lines). Must be able to endure extreme weather conditions.
* Must be able to learn, follow, and adhere to the specifications for tree trimming as set by the utility company in the area where work is to be done. The permission facilitator must be able to work independently to meet contract deadlines
* Must be able to effectively communicate to customers the necessary line clearance to be done on their property.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with other work coordinators, crew leaders, and General Foreman about work that is planned.
* Must be able to interpret a utility circuit map.
* Must have effective written communication skills in dealing with customers, utility company personnel, and tree trimming crews. Excellent organizational required to organize multiple tasks.
* Must be able to identify tree species which may vary from area to area.
* Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid cards.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain Herbicide Certification and licensing as required by Lewis Tree Service policy and local, state, and federal laws.
Nature of Duties:
Coordinates with field management and utility to create work plans based on information obtained regarding appropriate circuit maps.
* Notification of pending service to utility customers by mail.
* Obtains permission for Lewis Tree Service tree trimming crews to do necessary line clearance work on customer's property.
* Interprets proper form to be used for customer contact based on utility and the nature of the work to be done.
* Communicates to utility company any limitations or refusals on line clearance work that may arise while planning the work to be done.
* Follow-ups on customer questions and concerns, normally by phone.
* Contacts local land assessment offices, as necessary, to locate property owners.
* Helps enforce job safety.
* Sprays brush and stumps; makes proper application of spray chemicals to prevent damage to desirable vegetation.
* Performs other related work as assigned.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.