Information (Cyber) Security Operations Engineer - SOC (Schenectady)
Compensation: $76,265.00 - $187,860.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Senior Security Engineer/Operations
Must have experience building a SOC
- Help build the Security Operations Center it will be a distributed one
- Put in new technology solutions
- Manage firewall threats
- Engineering and tactical
- Python, Active Directory
- Vulnerability Management Tools ie Rapid 7, NEXUS
- Penetration testing
- Ideally someone from a security ops team, red team and blue team
- Establishing SIEM Security Information Event Management
To establish the Companys cybersecurity operations programs that will protect the business processes, data, and technology environment.
Will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and mitigating threats, vulnerabilities, and negative outcomes throughout our business processes, technology.
The right person will be an experienced cybersecurity and risk management professional.
- Design and oversee the implementation operations of security solutions in a network, physical, cloud and virtual environment, including identity assurance (multi-factor authentication, identity security solutions), infrastructure security (intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability management and remediation, remote access, endpoint security tools), security operations (Security Information and Event Management, and incident investigation/response).
- Establish and centralize the Security Operation functions within the Cybersecurity team ensuring on-call schedule for 24x7 cybersecurity operations and response in order to correct issues, minimize exposure, reduce impact and enhance security.
- Administrate and automate security information events from web hosting infrastructure, including firewalls, load balancers, web servers, middleware, and applications.
- 5+ years experience working as a security professional
- Experience in leading and/or establishing cybersecurity operations programs including intelligence-driven prevention and response.
- Experience and working knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware, specifically Cisco routers, switches, bridges, gateways, and firewalls, host and network-based intrusion prevention, anti-malware, familiarity with Cisco and other leading network security solutions, SIEM solutions, securing hosts (Windows, CentOS), patch management, hardening, and experience with authentication and role-based security IDM solutions.
- provided by Dice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...