Field-based Sales Engineer for Hill-Rom IT Solutions. Responsible for supporting IT Sales Executive (ITSE) in assigned accounts providing technical sales assistance, system designs, walkthrough of job site, and scope of work for all projects.
* Responsible for generating proposals for ITSE to include designs.
* Responsible for coordinating the design and scope of the project, contracting process and helping the ITSE in the pre-Purchase Order process.
* Provides technical sales assistance to ITSE. This includes but is not limited to system design, creation of statement of work, RFP responses and other associated duties.
* Schedule and conduct job site walk through of customers requiring firm quotes, as requested by ITSE.
* Participates in all design reviews, both pre- and post-Purchase Order to ensure the solution design is accurate and sound design rules and principles are employed.
* Obtains customer requirements for the subcontractor providing wiring, device installation, special construction or other services. Ensure the (Sr.) Quote Analyst has the requirements when obtaining the subcontractor's bid.
* Produce accurate proposals, designs and topology diagrams based on guidelines from CWS Sales and Marketing Product Managers for the (Sr.) Quote Analyst to produce the quote.
* Maintain a database of all proposals, drawings, topology diagrams produced in a centralized database.
* Establish guidelines with Sales for timely turnaround of designs and topology diagrams.
* Review proposals to ensure proposal meets the expected design from the submitted RFQ.
* Communicates project goals to Project Manager to ensure efficient handoff from sales to project management organization and Network Engineer team.
* Operational knowledge of hospital process, applications, infrastructure tools, communication methodologies and trends, etc.
* Strong knowledge of nurse communication tools, telecom and or application experience preferred
* Must be accustomed to custom system design, familiar with hospital design and construction processes.
* Basic understanding of architectural blue prints and floor plans required, working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
* Must have technical understanding of information and computer technology.
* Strong technical understanding of networks both wired and wireless required.
* Must to able to travel overnight as necessary, approximately 75%, with short-term lead time.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of sales support experience, preferably in the medical information technology, communication, and software business.
* Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or commensurate experience required. Associated topics: engineer, field service, install, installation, lab, sales applications engineer, spinal, technical, trauma, web service
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.