Why our company is a great place to work
Join a Fortune 300 company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300 Company and a member of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices, Henry Schein employs over 22,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $12.5 billion in 2017. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the Worlds Most Ethical Company in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.JOB OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for providing basic, first line, technical support of IT related products and services for our customers, field technicians, and field reps. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate, handle, and resolve phone calls, emails, voicemail, chat, web forms, and in person requests from our customers, field technicians, and field reps regarding IT support issues. Escalate issues when applicable.
- Provide at least a basic level of installation, setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting support services among a wide range of IT related products.
- Provide professional communication, both written and verbal.
- Document all service request information into internal database systems according to stringent guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in company meetings and trainings.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
Must have at least a basic technical knowledge of a broad range of IT related products. Specialization and advanced knowledge of some specific IT products are typical. Must have an excellent understanding of the job and apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. Must apply acquired knowledge of procedures and external regulations. WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically, 3 or more years of related experience. PREFERRED EDUCATION:
General education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Accredited, IT related certifications are typical. Accredited, IT related bachelors or associate degree is preferred. GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service oriented and the ability to work with complex issues
- Ability to plan and arranges activities
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage conflict
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Establish productive working relationships with all levels within the organization
Basic level of technical knowledge and skills with installation, setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting support services of IT related products including but not limited to:
Full-Time Benefits Available:
- Hardware for desktops, laptops, and tablets
- Hardware for small business servers
- Microsofts currently supported Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Small business switches, routers, firewalls, and access points
- Peripherals, printers, scanners, displays, and interface devices
- Small business data backup systems, software, and media
- Business productivity software, email, web browsing, security software
- Miscellaneous devices, cabling, memory, storage, add-on components
- Domain, user accounts, software accounts
- Network connectivity and wireless access issues
- Update and patch deployment, virus removal, malicious software removal
- Healthcare related digital technologies, devices, and software preferred
- Strong reading, writing, and typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with handling multiple phone calls and emails daily.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.PWDNET
- Earn generous PTO
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Associated topics: customer support, desk, edi, excel, help desk, information technology help desk, information technology support, msword, technical support, troubleshoot