AVP, Clinical & DSE Application Development (Schenectady)
Compensation: $123,975.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The AVP, Clinical & DSE Application Development oversees software development of all current clinical (e.g. Utilization Management, Care Management, etc.) and delivery system engagement platforms, including a mixture of custom cloud-based and COTS solutions. The AVP, Clinical & DSE Application Development will provide strategic thought leadership and help to set the overall technical direction and strategies for supporting the business. Collaborating with various business teams to understand and inform business strategy and then establish and deliver on an agreed roadmap, this person is responsible for ensuring quality and on-time delivery. Key leadership traits include having strong impact and influencing skills and executive presence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide overall IT leadership for Clinical and DSE Application Development team. This includes support for initiatives, relationships with both internal and external parties, and providing expertise and counsel.
- Set scope and delivery expectations with business partners, product teams and other internal customers.
- Interface with all corporate and business unit leaders to communicate IT application development strategies/plans and gain collaborative support.
- Remove obstacles, close gaps and manage and mitigate risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and with impeccable quality.
- Lead the team delivery leaders and provide guidance as they execute delivery across the Agile delivery programs.
- Works closely with the IT Leadership team and provides technical leadership to set corporate technology strategy and investment.
- Overall responsibility for Healthfirst full life-cycle application development and delivery of complex product portfolios.
- Create and lead the implementation of internal methodology and process improvements designed to shape the application development organization into a world class team utilizing best in class practices and technologies.
- Ensure high quality talent, bench strength and succession planning through best practices in recruiting, selection, training, developing and retaining IT professional staff.
- Provide leadership to the quality team and provide quality measurements to leadership team. Drive quality initiatives within design and development phase.
- Significant years of progressive leadership experience in software development
- Progressive years of experience building and managing Agile teams
- Executive leadership experience
- Strong understanding of hardware, networking and cloud solutions
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Excellent negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to agile teams and/or projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and organize data and summarize findings and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in rapidly advancing, changing, and delivery-focused environments.
Compliance & Regulatory Responsibilities: NA
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ...@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-###-#### . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: .net, application, backend, back end, develop, java, perl, python, sde, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...