- Glendale Unified School District
- $84,380.00 -152,780.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
126 Wren Alley
Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
Under general supervision of the site administrator and/or Elementary Yard Duty Leader, supervises students, monitors, supports, and controls the designated areas of an elementary school campus and parking areas, and assists in assuring the safety of students; and performs other related duties as assigned.
CURRENT VACANCIES: All positions are part-time, ranging from 2 to 3.5 hours per day and are 9.25 months per year.
* Various opportunities exist for permanent and on-call substitute (temporary) assignments. The eligibility list will be used to fill both permanent and substitute (on-call) positions.
* Permanent positions are Monday through Friday and can range from 2-3.5 hours per day depending on the assignment. Work shifts are primarily between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. and may involve a split shift. Assignments may be in any part of the district boundaries (Glendale, La Crescenta, or Montrose).
* Substitute positions are on call and as needed and can range from 2-3.5 hours per day. Work shifts are primarily between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. and may involve a split shift. Substitute employees are paid a fixed hourly rate at the first step only ($12.00 per hour). Assignments may be in any part of the district boundaries (Glendale, La Crescenta, or Montrose).
IMPORTANT: Email is the primary form of communication related to the recruitment process. Applicants should monitor their email accounts, including spam folders, on a regular basis for any communication related to recruitment and selection such as application status, etc.
Examples of Duties: Note: A more complete list of duties and responsibilities for this classification can be found on our web site at www.gusd.net > Departments: Human Resources > Classified Job Descriptions
Provides supervision to children during non-instructional periods, under direction of a site administrator and/or Elementary Yard Duty Leader.
Supervises students and enforces school procedures in assigned areas of the playground, outdoor eating areas, cafeteria, indoor assembly areas, halls, restrooms, and at other locations during assigned hours.
Enforces school rules and safety regulations, security, discipline and activity rules where assigned.
Uses Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and other appropriate techniques and strategies to assist students in the development of appropriate behavior and an appreciation of human diversity.
Works closely with staff in eliminating behavior problems occurring during assigned work hours in the activities in which students are engaged, such as at recess, lunch, before, and after school.
Ensures that no unauthorized persons are on the school grounds during lunch or recess and that students do not leave the grounds during that time without permission.
Maintains two-way radio contact with appropriate staff members and the school office.
Reports unsafe conditions, problems or situations of a serious nature, including recurrent behavior problems and safety hazards to Principal, Elementary Yard Duty Leader, or other appropriate certificated employees.
Uses good judgment regarding appropriate action to assist an injured or physically ill student.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Note: A more complete list of requirements, working conditions, environment, and physical demands can be found on our website at www.gusd.net > Departments: Human Resources > Classified Job Descriptions
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Written and oral proficiency in a second language.
Examination Process: To apply: Visit www.gusd.net > Departments: Human Resources > Current Employment Opportunities > Classified Opportunities
The examination process will consist of a qualifications appraisal interview. Candidates will be provided with more details at the appropriate time.
Salary: Listed salary amounts indicate the first and last steps of the range for the position for permanent assignments. New employees start at the first step. The last step (maximum) is generally reached after 7 1/2 years of successful job performance.
Substitute employees are paid a fixed hourly rate at the first step only.
Probationary Period: 130 days of paid service.
GUSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer who serves a diverse community.
Associated topics: assistant superintendent, chief, direct, director, elementary vice principal, executive manager, high school superintendent, manage, principal, student
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...