Systems Engineering Software Tester - Senior Consultant (Schenectady)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Systems Engineering Software Tester - Senior Consultant
Are you a technical software tester interested in growing your testing skill set, working with emerging technologies in the testing field? Are you interested in helping companies to solve their business challenges related to software testing? Work you'll do
As a core team member, you will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to:
* Be the lead person to interface between the clients and the Deloitte team;
* Help to create testing solutions to meet clients' business needs;
* Lead the testing of our custom technology solutions. The Team Systems Engineering
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Qualifications
How you'll grow
- 4+ years of relevant management consulting or industry experience in testing;
- 2+ years' experience leading testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing;
- At least 2 years' experience defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development life-cycle;
- 2+ years' experience overseeing the development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test cases, and documentation of test results;
- 2+ years' experience driving the quality assurance processes, gaining delivery buy-in from executive leadership;
- 2+ years' testing experience working in various environments including one or more of the following: client-server, SOA, web-based, mainframe-based, and three-tier architectures;
- At least one year of experience in test automation including development and maintenance of automation scripts and frameworks;
- Must be able to travel 80-100 percent, national travel;
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: business advisory, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems analyst, consult, customer, information technology consultant, marketing, sales, senior consultant
Loading some great jobs for you...