Everyone knows security needs to be \"baked in\" to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for industry? We're looking for an architect who can help create solutions for industry that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cybersecurity engineer on our project, you'll provide technical and programmatic support to key client programs and functions. Further, you'll drive the implementation of the client Cyber mission assurance plan, Cyber operations policy, and procedure development, strategic and operational planning, process improvement, and research and development of engineering efforts across the client space. You'll work with in house teams to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. As a team, we'll take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to learn from a team of experts as you make a difference in the security of enterprise security. Your contributions will help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like advanced analytics, certificate management processes, and security systems integration visualization. You'll be able to gain experience in the administration and coordination of system architectures while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team as we improve the defensive posture of the organization through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people?that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions ? From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research ? Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University ? CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere?including your phone?and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships ? In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity?fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces ? Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
* Experience with information systems, program integration, Cybersecurity and system architectures, Cybersecurity design, and engineering analysis
* Experience with certificate management processes and leading practices
* Experience with network change reviews, feedback, and approvals, including firewall rule changes and IP address whitelisting
* Experience with tuning and improving overall e-mail security, from the Symantec gateway on the inbound side to Outlook from an end-user perspective
* Experience with IDS/IPS administration and analysis
* Experience with Tenable administration and analysis
* Experience with security systems integration visualization
* Ability to display strong leadership and quality assurance associated with hardware and software asset discovery and management
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
* BA or BS degree
* CISSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people?no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic?to fearlessly drive change.
Associated topics: attack, cybersecurity, forensic, idm, information security, information technology security, malicious, phish, security engineer, violation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.