IT Support Specialist Goldsboro, North Carolina
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America with approximate annual revenues of over $7 billion. Beacon operates 589 branch locations in 50 states and 6 Canadian provinces and has more than 8,500 employees on the team. Beacon is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: BECN) growth company with continued acquisition and organic growth plans. We are looking to add a strong IT Support Specialist to our Information Technology team.
- Professional, hardworking, positive attitude with a willingness to learn and apply multiple technologies to creatively exceed the customer s expectations and drive business value.
- Good listening, written and oral communication skills with a strong desire to deliver exceptional customer service to the user community.
- Work effectively in a team environment and demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Quick learner with strong analytical, problem solving skills that can produce quality work in a timely fashion.
- Time & work management skills that involve prioritizing multiple tasks and maintaining an organized, clean work space to effectively deliver results.
- Demonstrates high levels of motivation and initiative and is comfortable in a high paced, get it done environment.
- Solid potential with personal interest to develop self and expand role within the IT organization.
- Demonstrated interest in computer technology as evidenced through course work, extracurricular activities, and/or prior work experience.
- Associate s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Administration, related field or equivalent professional work experience. Certifications are a plus.
- 8+ years experience in the support of IT hardware assets (Desktops, laptops, peripherals, phone systems, networks) in a multi location enterprise business environment.
- Familiarity with the personal computer system implementation life cycle, hardware / telecommunication / network analysis / procurement/ installation, file access methods, system utilities and personal computer software packages.
Brief Description of Job Duties:
- Deliver exceptional customer service through evaluating and responding to production system problems and questions. This includes remote troubleshooting and limited travel between branches for on-site support.
- Perform hardware and software installations in accordance with corporate standards.
- Manage the IT hardware assets company-wide. Build and maintain a regional budget/projection of inventory needs for each fiscal year and collaborate with regional management to get buy in.
- Develop, enhance and leverage your leadership and project management skills by participating on large, medium, or small project teams focused on delivering business solutions that positively impact the bottom line.
Beacon Roofing Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Associated topics: desktop, information technology analyst, network, pc, technical support, technical support specialist, technician, technician i, technician ii, technology