Sr. Email Developer (Schenectady)
Compensation: $153,910.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The Senior Email Developer is a seasoned email producer, responsible for the successful development of dynamic email products, and deployment of outbound email campaigns and projects, as well as providing high-level analytics and reporting on Medscape's complex email program. This role is technically driven, focused on automating manual email products, develop trigger based campaigns, and position email program toward personalization and predictive intelligent behavior. The right candidate needs to be comfortable and experienced in multiple ESPs. Role will require experience in IP warmup and monitoring deliverability.
- Pulling and scripting data elements to be used in dynamic email sends
- Programing trigger based and user-initiated email campaigns
- Querying with SQL to generate dynamic filters and programs
- Traffic email campaign requests and campaign assets to meet deadlines and notify appropriate parties as necessary
- Brainstorming and application of logistical email knowledge to marketing campaigns.
- Creating send definitions, data extensions, send interactions, and filters on a daily basis.
- Managing list segmentation, list QA, list cleansing
- Deploy, track and report on email campaigns and related follow up campaigns
- Hand code templates and backend code requirements for dynamic newsletter setup
- Analyze campaigns and recommend best practices, AB testing, new trends in email, etc.
- Manage the end to end email QA process
- Work closely with internal departments in the creation and implementation of email campaigns and projects
- Manage email calendar on a daily basis
- Splitting sends across multiple ESPs while maintaining benchmarks around deliverability and email performance
- Training team on ESP platforms
- 5-7 years in email marketing
- Knowledge of multiple aspects of email marketing including dynamic program implementation, template coding, analysis, legislation, authentication/reputation systems, deliverability, and general industry trends and metrics
- Extensive knowledge on SQL and querying.
- Extensive knowledge of scripting and applying business logic in email
- Salesforce Exact Target and Adobe Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Experience in IP warmup strategy preferred
- Experience with responsive design for email
- Extensive understanding of email best practices, CAN-SPAM laws
- Experience with A/B testing, analysis and reporting
- Strong email HTML coding experience
- Ability to hand code email HTML from PSD's
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong copyediting skills
- Ability to quickly identify and address operational and process issues
- Bachelors preferred
- Knowledge of LiveIntent a plus
- Knowledge of FreeMarker a plus
- Knowledge of web development tools a plus
- Experience in health care industry, and/or publication industry a plus.
- Experience in membership based email marketing a plus.
- BA/S in related field (plus)
- Certification in a major ESP platform (plus)
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: backend, c++, c#, develop, developer, java, matlab, programming, software developer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...