Sr. Cloud / Windows Engineer - Consultant - Aegistech Inc. (Schenectady)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Sr. Cloud / Windows Engineer - Consultant Job Type:
Contract Job Location:
New York New York Job Description:
Looking to hired a solid Sr. Cloud/Windows Engineer for a my client who develops and operates interactive and transactional e-commerce web-based portals. You must have strong Hyper V and VMware experience along with Windows, Vendor and Project Management with related budgeting and forecasting to help them automate manual functions. You will be designing and developing their internal and cloud based architecture. The firm is located in mid-town NYC.
This is an individual contributor role and part of the IT Engineering & Operations group, the consultant will be responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and project management of the company s internal and cloud-based infrastructure.
Key focus areas of the position include:
- Continuous Innovation: Continually look at emerging technologies and assess whether they are the right fit for Fareportal, with emphasis on creating cost savings and/or value-creation opportunities;
- Technical Design: Design new hardware, software and network solutions based on the requirements and feedback of the business stakeholders. Redesign or refresh existing solutions to realign and meet our ever- changing business needs. Prepare and maintain architectural and design documentation of the company s infrastructure, both internal and cloud based.
- Project Management: Owns IT Engineering projects and ensures that solutions are delivered in a timely manner within resource, budgetary and timeframe requirements.
- Implementation: Ensure implementation of new solutions or implementation of redesigned existing solutions is done in a quality way, work hand-in-hand with vendors and other internal departments.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships and work with vendors to escalate complex issues when appropriate; evaluation of vendor/supplier proposals.
- Capacity Planning: Ensure capacity planning is reviewed on a regular basis in conjunction with other stakeholders. Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments to understand and meet business requirements.
- Budgeting & Forecasting Support: Contribute to budgetary requirements for new solutions or existing solution upgrades/replacements.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity: Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery (DR) plans and initiates routine review and testing of DR plans.
- Level 3 Technical Support: Provide advanced subject matter expertise and level 3 support services to the IT Operations teams.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
- Minimum of 10 years of in-depth infrastructure experience.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in leading IT teams
- SOLID Virtualization experience - Hyper-V, VMWare
- Windows Server/Linux
- Automation (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- SME troubleshooting skills
- Capacity Planning
- Architecture/designing data center grade solutions
- Project management & delivery
- Strong overall knowledge of infrastructure technologies, networking and cloud-based services
- Experience with high availability, high transaction volume technical environments; familiarity with online retail/commerce technology stacks.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: business, business analysis, business intelligence, business systems analyst, consult, consultant, customer, market, marketing, sap
Loading some great jobs for you...