Senior ISSO, with experience in securing AWS systems - CBP Public Trust Suitability require to start
GDIT has the opportunity for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with experience in securing AWS systems to support Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Cargo Systems Program Directorate (CSPD)
CANDIDATE MUST BE LOCAL TO THE DMV and able to come in the office on rare occasions.HOW AN ISSO WILL MAKE AN IMPACTExperience and Responsibilities:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 7 years of experience securing government IT systems
- Experience securing systems in AWS, understands the infrastructure architecture well
- Experience with systems in a SecDevOps framework, including use of Docker or similar systems
- Experience in a ISSO or related role, covering ability to complete tasks such as:
- Prepares, maintains, and implements system security plans for high-visibility production systems
- Ensures implementation of security measures by conducting interviews and table-top exercises
- Performs various Information Assurance support functions in support of the clients applications
- Familiar with the Risk Management Framework and able to complete each step
- Develops and implements security controls based on FISMA and NIST 800-53 guidelines
- Coordinates with IT leads from partner agencies/components to identify opportunities to collaborate in the development and/or leveraging of IT capabilities
- Identify, document, prioritize, and address IT-related capability gaps & requirements to support the client's mission
- Develops and implements Authority to Operate
- Conducts IT audits and information systems and network connections security
- Participates in engineering review boards. Reviews and approves change requests for CSPD systems. Ensures that government agency security protocols and policies are followed.
- Provides security guidance to and interprets security policy for project development teams
- Candidates must be highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Candidates must be able to work in partnership with Government and other contractor personnel within the Government workspace.
- Candidates need excellent communications, teamwork, leadership and conflict management skills.
Education: DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 7+ years experience
- US Citizenship
- Ability to maintain Customs and Border Protection Public Trust Suitability (required to start)
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Seven years of IT security experience for Federal customer
• Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.