GDIT is currently looking for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
to provide support for our government customer located in Point Mugu, CA
.In this role, a typical day will include:
- Advise senior management on risk levels and security posture
- Advise appropriate senior leadership or Authorizing Official of changes affecting the cybersecurity posture and/or Authority to Operate
- Collect and maintain data needed to meet system cybersecurity reporting
- Communicate as required the value of IT security throughout all levels of stakeholders
- Help ensure that security improvement actions are correctly evaluated, validated, and implemented as required
- Help ensure that cybersecurity inspections, tests, and reviews are coordinated for the system environment
- Help ensure that cybersecurity requirements are integrated into the continuity planning for the system/organization
- Evaluate and recommend approvals of development efforts to ensure that baseline security safeguards are appropriately installed
- Identify alternative information security strategies to address organizational security objectives
- Identify Information Technology (IT) security program implications of new technologies or technology upgrades
- Interpret patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the Enterprise's cybersecurity program
- Manage the monitoring of information security data sources to maintain organizational situational awareness
- Participate in the information security training and awareness program
- Participate in an information security risk assessment during the Security Assessment and Authorization process
- Participate in the development or modification of the computer environment cybersecurity program plans and requirements
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain plans, instructions, guidance, and standard operating procedures concerning the security of system operations
- Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, as required
- Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain the organizations cybersecurity requirements
- Assist in overseeing policy standards and implementation strategies to ensure procedures and guidelines comply with cybersecurity policies
- Help ensure that plans of action and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- Support necessary compliance activities
- Continuously validate the organization against policies/guidelines/procedures/regulations/laws to ensure compliance
- Active Secret clearance
- BS or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience
- Any related experience with DOD Manual 5207.5, NISPOM, DAAPM, ICD, JSIG and other security directives
- Some experience with Linux, UNIX, VMWare, Active Directory and Spunk among others
- Security+ certification
- Top Secret clearance
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or
U.S. Citizenship Required
Salary and Benefit Information
The likely salary range for this position is $60,549 - $101,109, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.