Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Systems Engineer - ISSE
supporting customer activities. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a ISSE (Information Systems Security Engineer), you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a ISSE joining our highly skilled team to be a premier provider of cyber security services to the customer.HOW A SYSTEMS ENGINEER - ISSE WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Mentoring or training other team members and sharing their expertise within and across contracts, organizational boundaries and with Customers.
- Speaking to audiences on technical matters such as cyber security or information security compliance.
- Developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
- Creating test plans and conducting evaluations and/or prototyping.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Education: Bachelors (Computer engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information systems, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a closely related discipline)
- Required Experience: 8+ yrs
- Required Technical Skills:
- Experience specific to the skill or occupation. However, for specific computer languages, systems or technologies, expertise with the subject matter or technology outweighs the number of years of experience. This is especially true with emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with network defense monitoring tools and systems, outlook, Microsoft office, information assurance assessment tools, encryption technologies, and identity and authentication technologies
- Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications and briefing skills. Two years of demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's or IC Community's Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process, ICD 503, NIST Risk Management Framework.
- Five years' experience writing technical reports related to Authorization & Accreditation (A&A), System Security Plans (SSP), security policies, or guidance.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze Information System (IS) test results and suggest compensating controls for meeting IS security requirements.
- Two years' experience with the Sponsor's classified data environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's policies, directives, and standards.
- Any additional certifications (that are not mentioned in the "Minimum" requirements section above) and acquired within the last three years, that address any of the following technical areas: network infrastructure, mobile device integration, hardware evaluation, operating systems, technical support, configuring basic network infrastructure, authentication, security testing, intrusion detection/prevention, incident response and recovery, attacks and countermeasures, and malicious code countermeasures.
- Five years of demonstrated knowledge and technical skills in: network architecture; configuration of a local area network (LAN); securing of operating systems.
- Ten years of experience with hardening Microsoft Windows Server, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Apple/MAC OS, Unix/Linux systems, and virtualization software (VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual Box). Experience using vulnerability and compliance assessment tools such as Nessus, SCAP, or App Detective.
- Demonstrated hands-on (not policy) experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network, host, cloud, data, or application security in multiple operating system environments.
- Demonstrated hands-on (not policy) experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists.
- Demonstrated experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques.
- Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI with active polygraph
- Desired Certifications: Cyber security certification in one or more of the following: Security+, SSCP, CAP, CISM, CASP+, PenTest+, CISSP, GSEC, GCCC, GCWN, GMON, GSLC, CEH, CNDA, CSSLP, CISSP, CEH, AWS
- Location: Herndon, VA
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.