The GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Technical Manager within the Operations Support System (OSS). Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The Technical Manager will be responsible to the OSS service delivery manager to lead and manage a team of approximately 35 system administrators, network Administrators, and other supporting skills sets that support a global DISA Cyber Security environment. The team is geographically dispersed across two locations to provide 24x7 support. The team’s primary function is to effectively operate and sustain various tools, servers, networking assets and more, to support the Cyber Security mission.
• Manage the operation and sustainment of a unique Cyber Security environment.
• Technical planning, integration, and operation in a diverse environment encompassing Linux, and Windows operating systems
• manage multiple engineering and operations tasks simultaneously for a team of system and network administrators.
• The Technical Team Lead will Partner teams are responsible for other support aspects such as IA.
• Support preparations of technical implementation plans to provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths required for complete solutions.
• Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
• Identification and management of issues, risks, dependencies
• Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
• Status reporting to the OSS SDM, task order manager, and customer
• Creating, documenting, and executing action plans
• Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks
• Manages aspects of multiple tasks simultaneously
• Monitor, adjusts and reports on operations performance, budget and schedule
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline or 10+ years overall related experience
• Experience supervising and recruiting staff
• In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network management systems
• In-depth experience in network management, problem management, and performance management
• Working knowledge of IT networks, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Technical depth in one of the primary operating systems with extensive knowledge of data center operations.
• Large complex system management experience to include integration of storage, databases, applications, authentication, audit, performance, and monitoring.
• Ability to make decisions and escalate to senior management when needed
• Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Top Secret
• Current DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II such as Security+ CE, higher certification preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Master's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
• ITIL or other advance certifications
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.