QTC is seeking an IT Security Engineer. At QTC, the nation’s largest provider of disability and occupational health examination services, we are PASSIONATE about our country’s veterans, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference.
This position is open to a remote option.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Infrastructure, the IT Security Engineer is responsible for the administering and enhancing the QTC’s IT Security Plan, covering applications and databases, and participating in enterprise systems security administration. The position is responsible for developing, delivering, and continuously enhancing IT security policies and practices, and helping with the training of QTC employees and contractors on IT security protocols. The position will help establish effective IT security for the company and support any technology-related initiatives enhancing QTC’s IT security roadmap.
We offer meaningful and engaging careers to support you and your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance, and we are proud to provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains the best talent:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor the organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions; develop and/or activate contingency planning in the event of a security breach to minimize severity of the external attack and enable the return to normal IT operations
• Configuring and maintaining vulnerability and compliance scanning tools - including patch management to determine what systems to scan - including schedule
• Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps in IT security and make recommendations that ultimately remediate risk
• Providing a systematic, disciplined approach to the analysis of operational business and governance processes to conform to standards and regulations
• Evaluates the design and effectiveness of IT controls based upon industry best-practice models (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, FISMA, NIST, OMB, etc.) in accordance with compliance requirements
• Design and implement the IT Security Plan; establish practices and protocols to ensure a robust technology framework for the company; develop policy, programs, and guidelines for implementation
• Plan, design, and implement security-related technologies for establishing QTC’s IT security effort (e.g. software, firewall, data encryption, etc.); may test networks for vulnerabilities
• Analyze existing IT security strategies, roadmaps, and implementation plans; advise customers on solutions to maintain and/or improve QTC’s IT security profile
• Good understanding of SIEMs and similar technologies to audit for unauthorized access attempts or other information security violations
• Review new and existing system configurations for compliance with security standards and best practices
• Assess organizational progress towards IT security goals and objectives; partner with organizational leadership to develop and/or modify strategies and plans utilizing IT resources
• Conduct analysis of solutions and/or alternatives in response to customer requirements
• Collaborate with Leidos counterparts to proactively evaluate and/or reposition IT security measures to counter external threats
• May assist in ensuring new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
• May mentor and/or train other IT staff supporting IT security projects and initiatives
• Other projects and duties as assigned
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to switch between priorities quickly without affecting quality or performance
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of information assurance principles and their application
• Knowledge of enterprise and network security concepts and solutions such as but not limited to: SIEM, Nessus, AD/GPO, Patch Management, Endpoint Detection/Response
• Ability to work with others to solve challenging technical problems
• Ability to lead projects and maintenance activities across QTC’s disbursed networks and facilities
• Ability to stay abreast of IT Security trends and issues, as applicable to QTC IT Security Plan
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business, Computer Science, Information Security; or equivalent work experience/combined education
• 10 to 14 years of relevant professional experience
• Demonstrated IT security systems and administration experience
• Industry Certifications from Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks a plus
• IT Security Certification such as CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA a plus
• Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This position has multiple levels; candidates will be “leveled in” based on years of experience at time of hire
Pay and Benefits:
Salary range: $115,234 - $161,968
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, performance-related bonuses, health and wellness programs, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, paid leave and retirement. More details are available here.
The QTC pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)