Leidos is looking for an Incident Responder to join our Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) in support of our customer at the Department of Commerce (DOC). The DOC ESOC comprises 20 analysts and engineers across multiple functions. This IR team collectively supports 6am-6pm Eastern Time coverage between its Washington DC and Fairmont, West Virginia locations. On-call rotation for escalation as needed for night/weekends (coordinated with manager each month for the on-call schedule).
Learn more about NOAA here: https://careers.leidos.com/
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by cyber analysts
- Handle incidents through their lifecycle; work with DOC users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Responsible for the coordination and reporting of incident related data between internal offices and third parties
- Document and communicate guidance to end users, DOC Bureaus, and senior officials
- Preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, Bureaus, and/or DOC management
- Assist with the development and documentation of processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations, and ensure continuous improvement to the customer's incident response plan
- Timely dissemination of information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Other incident response related duties as assigned
- Requires BS degree with 4+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable
- Familiarity with information security publications (e.g., NIST 800-53)
- Familiarity or experience in Cyber Kill Chain methodology
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- Possess a wide range of knowledge of information security tools and techniques
- Ability to analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code and other attack artifacts
- Able to effectively manage evolving and competing objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Detail and process oriented
- Must have at least one of the following certifications: CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler, ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker), GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler), GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals), CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional).Additional certifications at an equivalent may also be considered.
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Exposure to handling classified incidents
- Understanding of offensive security (threat hunting and penetration testing)
- Understanding of SIEM and SOAR products
- Understanding of EDR technologies
- Scripting capabilities
- Must be US Citizen
- Fully adjudicated or interim Top Secret clearance
- Washington, DC
- Fairmont, WV
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.