Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Cyber Security Operations Specialist -SIEM Services joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO.
The team member shall provide cybersecurity data analysis services, which designs, develops, builds, tests, configures, employs, operates, integrates, sustains, and refreshes the Security Information Events Management (SIEM) capability (i.e. Enterprise Audit), long-term analytics platform, log aggregation platform, and the cyber threat intelligence capability, signature development and deployment, and reputation management services. This includes the onboarding of all new and existing IT resources, and ensuring the correct routing of all audit events to mission partners in accordance with Intelligence Community Standards (ICS) 500-27.
Job Duties Include:
- Provide all preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure consistent, reliable, and secure service availability. This includes all actions required to return the service to full operational capability such as vendor RMA processes, removal and proper disposal of broken equipment/software, installation and testing of new equipment/software, and configuration of new equipment/software
- Maintain system availability and reliability with a threshold of 99.99%
- Detect and ticket degradations (volume/velocity) of all SIEM data flows within 60 minutes of the start of the degradation
- Perform day-to-day maintenance, and specific scheduled maintenance activities that result from manufacturers recommended service intervals, alerts, bulletins, available patches, and updates according to agency approved change management processes. This includes maintaining updated documentation, change logs, and service bulletin libraries for all supported equipment and software in the CSOC knowledge management platform
- Execute emergency maintenance actions with sufficient urgency to preclude unacceptable outage durations, approved by the Government prior to execution, and coordinated through and approved by CSOC and ESC government management
- Perform all development, engineering, testing, integration, and implementation actions necessary for major vendor revisions
- Perform continuous engineering assessments to improve the performance, effectiveness, coverage, and maturity of this service.
- Retain documentation regarding loss of event logs (e.g. June 5-7th DNS logs were not ingested from SBU and are lost)
- Configure all assets assigned to this service within the Government Furnished Information - Software Tools list in accordance with all Federal, DoD, IC, and NGA laws, directives, orders, polices, guidance, procedures etc.
- Perform all development, design, engineering, testing, integration, and implementation actions needed for the total integration and interoperability between all applicable assets in the Government Furnished Information - Software Tools list. This includes ensuing all data flows are properly parsed for ingestion/transmission to internal and external automated reporting systems (e.g. JFHQ DoDIN – Joint Incident Management System, DoD CIO – DoD Scorecard/Get to Green reporting, IC CIO – Cybersecurity Performance Evaluation Model reporting, etc.)
- Utilize agency approved ticketing systems to document, track, assign, update, and coordinate all engineering, integration, configuration, and maintenance actions
- Use various monitoring, analysis, and visualization tools to track effectiveness, status, performance metrics, and other information as needed or required by Government staff and contractors assigned Cybersecurity Operations Services and Cybersecurity Readiness Services
- SIEM experience with one of the following ArcSight, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Event Broker, User Behavioral Analysis (UBA)
- Experience providing support to Cybersecurity Operations Cell (CSOC) in creating alerting rules
- Create SIEM playbooks
- Linux (RHEL) Expert (administration and engineering)
- Proficient in manipulating SIEM filters to better find and analyze potential malicious/atypical activity and reduce false positives
- Experience with content development within ArcSight and Kibana to facilitate Cyber Analysts ability to investigate malicious events
- Creation of ArcSight rules based on use cases of malicious events
- Tuning and aggregation of queries and filters
- Skilled in troubleshooting event flow through Enterprise Audit infrastructure
- Skilled in troubleshooting event format and parsing for ingest into data storage and into SIEM tools
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II and CSSP Infrastructure Support certifications
- 6+ years Experience with SIEM and Development Projects
- 6+ years Experience with SIEM support for projects and technical exchange meetings
- 6+ years Experience developing and maintaining enterprise audit projects
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.