Entry Level System Administrator
CGI Global Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a system administrator to join our growing team in Phoenix, AZ.
This role must be located in Phoenix, AZ. Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Respond quickly and effectively to Operating System Incidents, outages, and work requests
• Utilize monitoring tools to proactively manage issues before service degradation occursRequired qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Core understanding of UNIX systems.
• Core understanding of Windows systems.
• Core understanding of networking concepts.
• Have a strong desire to automate routine tasks
• Core understanding of Shell scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python)
• Experience with Ansible configuration management tool
• Experience with Source Control tool such as GitLab
• Experience with Rundeck
• Experience working with an Incident Management System (such as Remedy, or Service Now).
• Manage incident/request tickets, and manage to established response and resolution SLA's
• The ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical material to staff and management at all levels of an organization.
• 1-3 Years of system administration experience in any size environment.
• Candidates must be flexible to work overnight and weekend coverage shifts.
Skill Set - Years of Experience - Proficiency Level
Wintel OS - 1 Year - LV1
UNIX OS - 1 Year - LV1
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Ability to learn quickly and work independently
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Professional and ethical at all times
Energy, initiative, and a positive attitude
Must be willing to successfully complete any and all CGI/client specific background & security checks.
Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
Good documentation skills along with the ability to train junior level personnel
Desire to expand responsibilities beyond initially defined job responsibilities to support emerging needs within the organization
Ability to effectively aggregate, organize, and present information
Pragmatic ability to balance process compliance, quality, innovation, and expedience
Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
Works well under pressure
Experience with ITIL v3 preferred
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,000 - $130,600.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and moreSkills:
What you can expect from us:Insights you can act on
- Wintel/Windows Server
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.