About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Research Consultant... In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Lead or participate in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex computer network security and protection technologies for company information and network systems and applications
- Act as professional ethical penetration tester utilizing hacking tools to modify or create proof of concept exploits that mimic techniques of attackers to identify vulnerabilities and associate with a severity rating by deriving impact and ease of exploit
- Review and analyze advanced computer security incident response activities and technical investigations of information security related incidents or breach related activates
- Perform tests on networking devices, appliance products and web-based application
- Implement and develop custom penetration testing techniques and tools
- Perform security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate information security policies and adherence to best practices
- Provide guidance and leadership to more experienced Information Security Engineers and act as a mentor for these engineers interested in penetration testing and offensive security
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 4+ years of Cyber Security Research experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Python, Ruby, PowerShell, and Shell Scripting experience
- 2+ years of Cloud computing experience
We Value Diversity
- Cloud security certification such as Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Certified Cloud Professional (CCP), or Cloud Computing Architect (CCA)
- Expert Information Security technical skills
- Security engineering experience that includes knowledge and understanding of recent research and industrial advances in one or more of the following areas: computer and communication networks, cyber security threat detection, cyber security experimentation and testing, innovative research in cyber security, physical security controls and their weaknesses, debugging, hardware and device hacking, or electronics security
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge and understanding of system/application architecture and design concepts Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Proficient in working with systems, networks, and application vulnerability testing
- Ability to manage complex security scenarios and develop innovative solutions to address the most recent cyber threats
- Knowledge and understanding of mitigating security controls (antivirus, IPS or IDS, email filtering, web site blocking, patching) and how they work in an overall defense in depth risk assessment methodology
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.