About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Cyber Security Research Consultant... In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Lead or participate in computer security incident response activities for moderately complex events
- Conduct technical investigation of security related incidents and post incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies
- Provide security consulting on medium projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for moderately complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 5+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 5+ years of experience with technical project coordination associated with Red Team, Purple Team, Blue Team Assessments or offensive security research assessment
- 4+ years of experience managing cybercrime detection, investigation, and intelligence strategies
- 5+ years of information security experience including experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: information security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, host/network forensics, cyber-crime investigation, penetration testing, business continuity, or cyber threat intelligence
- 5+ years of Splunk or related SIEM technology experience
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP), Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE), Offensive Security Exploitation Expert (OSEE), or Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE).
- Experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
- Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
@RWF22 Pay Range
$111,100.00 - $197,500.00 Annual Benefits
We Value Diversity
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.