STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an IT Security Engineer for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Bloomfield, CT!
Title: IT Security Engineer
Location: Bloomfield, CT (Remote/EST/CST)
Duration: 12 Months
Role Type: W2 Contract Engagement
Hours: Flexible EST/CST Remote
- Responsible for recommending and implementing use of new tools, technologies, and methodologies to enable automated Application security testing in the development process.
- Partners with the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions and capabilities that are aligned with Security Architecture, business, technology and threat drivers.
- Performs risks assessments of existing or new services and technologies, identifies design gaps, risks, and recommends security enhancements.
- Communicates risk assessment findings to information security customers or business partners
- Serves as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in IT and the business to enable them to make informed risk management decisions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve risk posture, developing solutions for remediating or mitigating risks and assessing residual risk.
- Maintains strong working relationships with individuals and groups involved in managing information risks across the organization.
- Stays up-to-date on current and emerging security threats and designs security architectures to mitigate them.
- Strong Communication skills, ability to speak to and document risks and possible solutions, and clearly articulate these to the business in laymen s terms if necessary.
- Ability to speak to security in groups meetings as needed
- 5-10 of experience with information security management frameworks (e.g., IS027000, COBIT, NIST 800, etc.) & some regulatory compliance background a plus
- Working knowledge or understanding of following technologies/protocols/methodologies: Physical and Virtual Infrastructure Network Security Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, Google, Private) Containerization Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Integration patterns, asynchronous and synchronous processes, long running tasks and orchestration.
- Microservices Mobile Static & Dynamic Code Scans Prisma OpenStack, ACI, Openshift, Docker Software Defined Network Virtualization
- BS or MA in Business, Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field or equivalent work experience with certifications outlined below.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Information Professional (CCSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and/or Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Security , Network , etc.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement