ManpowerGroup has partnered with a leading Financial Services organization in Pennington NJ for a contract IT Security Specialist to assist their team. Future onsite work is required as per CDC and client guidelines for safe return, local candidates or able to relocate encouraged to apply!
Title: IT Security Specialist
Location: Pennington NJ
Duration: 12 months
- Looking for an IT Security Specialist responsible for providing security expertise.
- Provides baseline security standards and policies for single or multiple projects of low to medium complexity.
- Will be identifying potential threats and risks and making recommendations to prevent these issues.
- In-depth information security expertise. Information Technology or risk management experience.
- Requires overall high-level understanding of security along with technical security background (including some architecture exposure).
- Key individual contributor, with accountability for enabling secure environments (processes and technologies) for the business and technology groups.
- Utilizes technical and business knowledge to design and implement secure, risk-based solutions, exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units, at various levels.
- Knowledge of information security topics, including the design, development, implementation or governance of information security solutions.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing secure, risk-based solutions, exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
- The role involves being part of an Application Security and Compliance responsible for performing Penetration testing for RPSWT critical web applications.
- Conduct web application penetration testing assessment in accordance with process and procedures using tools like Burp Suite Pro, Fiddler, Soap UI etc..
- Report out the security findings to various stakeholders like Application Manager, Development Team and other stakeholders
- Coaching developers on secure coding practices
- Follow-up and facilitate remediation of security issues in different portfolios
- Identify emerging threats and implement new preventative and detective controls based on risk
- Maintain key relationships with risk, security and governance partners
- Publish monthly dashboards
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Knowledge of Web Technologies (Java, .NET etc.)
- Awareness on security best practices, OWASP Top 10 Application Security Risks
- Knowledge on latest security breaches, threats and vulnerabilities
- Good understanding of SDLC Phases and environments (DEV, SIT etc.)
- Ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and appropriately identify and engage stakeholders for discussion, escalation and resolution.
- Strong analysis and fact-based decision making.
- Expected to look beyond the issue at hand and raise questions
- Ability to communicate with Global Teams
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Developing application security knowledge base
- Good communication skills
- Education - Any Graduation/Post Graduation
- Certification - CEH/CISSP/CSSLP/CISA or any other course on information security"
Job Key Words:
- security best practices
- OWASP Top 10 Application Security Risks
- Information Security
- Application Security
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Benefits? Yes, you can enroll in our corporate discount benefits package
- Remote Workers? Start out remote and expected to go into the office on a hybrid schedule so local or willing to relocate at your own expenses. NO 100% REMOTE
- Visa Sponsorship? Not offered
- Corp-to-Corp? Not eligible
How to Apply:
For immediate attention please apply online and send an email to
About Experis https://www.experis.com/
Experis is part of the ManpowerGroup family of brands. ManpowerGroup is the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, connecting human potential to the power of business. ManpowerGroup serves both large and small organizations across all industry sectors through our brands and offerings: Manpower, Experis, Talent Solutions, and Jefferson Wells.