About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Information Security Engineer with extensive experience in incident response, network-focused forensics, and threat hunting. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in endpoint/network defenses and security incident response, as well as some offensive security knowledge to allow the ability to think like an adversary. The candidate will also have experience partnering with content development teams to resolve gaps in detection capabilities, as well as experience in conducting technical research and identifying methods to detect evolving Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
This role will serve as an incident responder to assess the risk, impact, and scope of identified security threats, as well as leading the response efforts to include containment, eradication, and recovery. Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired, in order to ensure thorough and accurate reporting during and concluding a security incident. The candidate will also play a major role in detecting advanced threats that are not detected via traditional security tools and understand how to operationalize cyber threat intelligence. Regular collaboration with multiple teams such as the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, Security Content Development, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and Offensive Security Research teams will be critical to success. In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, US:
- Lead computer security incident response activities for highly complex events
- Conduct technical investigation of security related incidents and post incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies
- Provide security consulting on large projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for highly complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead a team to achieve objectives
- 5+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Incident Response Protocols and Tools experience
- 5+ years of information technology applications and systems experience
- 3+ years of experience managing cybercrime detection, investigation, and intelligence strategies
- 5+ years of information security experience including experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: information security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, host/network forensics, cyber-crime investigation, penetration testing, business continuity, or cyber threat intelligence
- 3+ years of Splunk experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), or Web Application Penetration Tester (WAPT) certification
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Flexibility to be on call as assigned and work beyond normal working hours
@RWF22 We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.